What is the best time of day to pin on Pinterest?

What is the best time of day to pin? This a question I get asked pretty often! Especially lately! 

With it not being as easy to get that high reach as it used to be, what time of day you pin on Pinterest matters. On Pinterest, users are active at different times throughout the day, so you want your pin to go out at the perfect time. That way, it can get the most eyes on it when it’s hot off the press! 

Now, you know, before I get into the nitty-gritty of it, I will break down a few things you need to ensure you are doing first before worrying about when you should be pinning. 

Sure, pinning at the perfect time will help you get a boost, but not if your account/pins are not set-up correctly. (Insert eye roll) Yes, I know you may have heard me talk about the below tips more than once, but you guys, they are still, to this day, the BIGGEST and most common mistakes I see when people reach out to me about their very low-reach. 

HELLO SEO! Pinterest is a what? Search engine. 

Yes, you probably already know this, but you would be shocked to learn that over 80% of Pinterest for business users use improper SEO. And honestly, in my seven years of experience, it’s probably more than that. I have had MANY people reach out to me who have worked with a Pinterest VA who was also using improper SEO. 

SEO on Pinterest is different than SEO on Google. And you need to make sure your ENTIRE profile, from your display name, about me, to every single one of your board titles and descriptions, are optimized PROPERLY, or your reach will be LESS than half of what it could be with proper SEO

Make sure you are up-to-date on that! 

Also, be sure you are up-to-date on best practices and pining strategies. Improper pinning will not only get your account flagged but also make it almost impossible to get eyes on your pins. 

OK! What time of day should you be pinning? 

A study by Co-Schedule found that 70% of Pinterest users are active on the platform between the hours of 8:00-11:00 pm. With the peak time being right around 9:00 pm. 

You want your FRESH pin image to be going out around these times. Pinterest likes to show users as much fresh new content as possible, and if you post when YOUR audience is most active, you will get more engagement. 

Now, I have worked with 100’s of clients, and I will note that this is true for about 70% of them. The other 30% not so much. I have a few clients who’s pins do VERY well in the morning hours. 

Every single account will be different. Let me say that again; EVERY SINGLE ACCOUNT WILL BE DIFFERENT. Even if you are in the same niche as your bestie, your audiences may look different, and they may be active at different times throughout the day. 

I reiterate that because I am sure you have read more than one article on Pinterest that is telling you to do something a certain way that worked for them to get a million views. 

Something you want to keep in mind about anything pertaining to Pinterest Marketing is that we all have different audiences. What works for one account in terms of strategy and timing most likely won’t work for the next. You have to find what works best for YOU. 

The strategy I have used for myself and all of my clients works like a CHARM. It takes a little effort, but it’s 100% worth it. These are my pin stats on my recent pins. My pins go out within the same 1-hour time span every single day. Once I figured out when my audience was most active, my reach and engagement soared! 

You can see the two pins that went out in the morning and the two in the evening. HUGE difference, right? Timing (and SEO) matter. 

Today I am giving you a FREE worksheet (the one I use for myself and all of my clients) so you can figure out when YOUR audience is most active on Pinterest! Helping you get a better reach and more engagement!

Enter your info below and snag yours today!

As always,

Happy Pinning!